Tuesday, August 10, 2021

How do we eat Gac Fruit

Hi folks!

We were blessed with this high antioxidants fruit called Gac fruit recently and I was very impressed to find the benefits of this fruit:
- 70 times more lycopene than tomatoes

1. Combats cancer
2. Fights anemia
3. Helps lower cholesterol levels
4. Prevents cardiovascular diseases
5. Improves eyesight.

So I did my research and had another #kitchenexperiment . This tropical fruit is often cooked with glutinous rice in Vietnam or made into juice.

I tried incorporate into a dish that I often prepare for my kids, sweet and sour #vegetarianrecipe

Pretty awesome as the skin of the seeds are the ones that brings all the red super food goodness and it doesn't have much taste except a bit buttery omega oil-like 👍

Will try to cook the flesh (which is quite bitter) into soup and see how it turns out! #bonapetit #foodasmedicine #fruitdiscovery

Cheers!

No comments: