Sunday, June 7, 2009

29 Things I hope to do @ Age 29

Remember I blog about reflecting and planning (re-priotizing on my life) in June 09 Special Post?

Here is my output (perhaps you can share with me some of yours as reference?)

In no actual sequence, they are:

  1. Restart my jogging or exercise regime together with DH and kids and even with like-minded friends.
  2. Learn and start to bake…
  3. Pick up 29 new skills…woot…what are they..decide as and when they are required…but below are some of them:
    1. Baking (as in no.3..wow so this skill has more emphasis in my plans haha)
    2. Route learning (am rather weak in reading map or lack sense of direction :P)
    3. Work related – to be prioritized (at this moment..quite long list :P )
    4. ………more to come…
  4. Call/Check in with my mom once a week if cannot visit her weekly. (dad and siblings included)
  5. Resumed my yearly travelling or visiting some special places.
  6. Continue my German language learning (self-study this time, had 3 months basic German language lesson after I graduated).
  7. Schedule ME time to do:
    1. Reading
    2. Catching up with girls-friend/old buddies
    3. Facial(twice a month-minimum)
    4. Self-study/take up a course
    5. Window shopping
  8. Clear my “storeroom” and turned it into mini study-room cum guest room
  9. Celebrate each day with someone, something.
  10. Hugs my loved ones daily, with morning greetings and kisses at night.
  11. Experiment with new recipes every week if not everyday.
  12. Make soup daily.
  13. Eat 3 types of fruits and 5 types of vegetables/ color food daily.
  14. Visit someone weekly be it friends, neighbours, new-found friends, girlfriend or even family.
  15. Remember birthdays…of anyone and wish them :)
  16. Read 5 articles daily on health, parenting, spiritual, work-related and general.
  17. Have house improvement monthly be it in décor, spring-cleaning or decluttering.
  18. Role improvement:
    1. Mom
    2. Wife
    3. Employer
    4. Earth citizen
    5. Daughter/Daughter-in-law/granddaughter
  19. Look good and presentable for myself and DH plus kids (setting good example).
  20. Learn to be good host, organize party games/food/organizing.
  21. Start some homeschooling with kids even if I am not yet able to be a WAHM/SAHM.
  22. Set up my bookshelves plus kids one.
  23. Fully-utilise current resources/God-given items to optimum:
    1. Mobile phone – To Do List, Reminders, Birthdays Alert, maps, networking etc
    2. Condo facilites – gymn, swimming pool, condo friends and committee
    3. Living healthy parents and siblings – more gathering, visiting and caring, pooling resources/helping each other
  24. Jot down memorable events in journal/blog/etc
  25. Put up family pictures in my home, in-law and parent’s place.
  26. Stay in touch with old buddies.
  27. Relearn swimming (yup I am not very good at swimming..really afraid of water type, need DH help on this.)
  28. Practice good PR, budgeting and organizing skills in all aspects.
  29. Clear all short-term debts (house and car loan not yet included), be debt free and start to plan for some cushion saving by hook or by crook.
This list will be added from time to time I think..so folks you have anything to add on or share?

Hear from you :) 

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...great mission....if u ever complete, ur gonna be supermom!

alohamolly said...

Hi Mama-Miya..haha I would be most glad even if half of it are achieved...it's a guideline for me ;)

Cheers! Thanks for dropping by.. ;)

See u more.. :)

alohamolly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YenPing said...

Too much things to accomplish, I normally do 1 thing in 1 year...ehehe..