Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rock up with Rock sugar egg noodle



Tah dah…my rock sugar noodle for my birthday…to ROCK me up. If you read my post about what special dish you normally eat during your birthday here, I was being introduced to this special Teochew dish by a non-Teochew friend, JS, who having the same birthday as me(minus the year..he’s more senior..hehe…).

 

And for the noodle, I specially added some kelps following the Korean style…I remembered one Korean drama they mentioned about taking kelps soup on their birthday…so I added plenty into mine for that extra iron and calcium.

 

Actually I made this on my “sickish” day..was down with fever(yea..on my birthday if you read my post here) and trying to make some soup and brunch then suddenly remembered this dish to try out…

 

And how was it? The verdict is….it TASTE yummy..and Jo(if you are reading this…) the sugary egg taste ok…BUT I must admit I prefer my egg salty for soupy noodle..haha…but at the end I don’t have the strength and patience to wait till the sugary water turn dry(if you see how to cook here), I just scoop the egg up when it is ready cooked..but at the end I drank the sugar water…it taste just like “tong sui” or those sweet desserts/soup we take.

 

So..are you Teochew and do you need some food to ROCK you up?

 

Try this dish if you dare..haha..

 

Cheers!

2 comments:

Josephine said...

I am not teochew, but i definitely need to learn the dish as i m going to marry to a teo chew lang! lol

alohamolly said...

yup Jo, make it for him on his birthday...and tell him it's for VVIP Teochew lang..haha..