Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Year Spring Cleaning(of thoughts and goals)


Hi folks!


I have the habit to do self-reflection before the New Year approach(in my case is before lunar New Year a.k.a. Chinese New Year approach this time 'cos a bit too late to reflect in time for 2010, Jan 1..haha...talking about procrastination?? Actually it is due to a series of uncertainties in my life then...with career change, nursery-hunting for KY and lotss more!!)

Anyway, when I was out of clue on where to start, I look back at my post on 29 Things I hope to do @ Age 29, and thought why not start from there....



So here it is the list I've got during my birthday month. Let's see how much is "completed" thus far!

  1. Restart my jogging or exercise regime together with DH and kids and even with like-minded friends. [In progress, doing light stretching exercise indoor]
  2. Learn and start to bake…[Need more help, Oven not working!! :( ]
  3. Pick up 29 new skills…woot…what are they..decide as and when they are required…but below are some of them:[Side-tracked, am picking up more on communication skills rather due to recent job-hunting and nursery-hunting plus communication exercise with DH]
    1. Baking (as in no.3..wow so this skill has more emphasis in my plans haha)
    2. Route learning (am rather weak in reading map or lack sense of direction :P)
    3. Work related – to be prioritized (at this moment..quite long list :P )
    4. ………more to come…
  4. Call/Check in with my mom once a week if cannot visit her weekly. (dad and siblings included)[In progress, sometimes with the help/reminder from kids]
  5. Resumed my yearly travelling or visiting some special places.[In progress, to near and short trip first]
  6. Continue my German language learning (self-study this time, had 3 months basic German language lesson after I graduated).[In progress, been practicising with my ex-boss who knew German]
  7. Schedule ME time to do:
    1. Reading[In progress, reading blog online counts too rite :P ]
    2. Catching up with girls-friend/old buddies[YES!! Had several ones! Keep it UP, Molly!! Way to Go!]
    3. Facial(twice a month-minimum)[erm, only managed some DIY black-head remover now]
    4. Self-study/take up a course[Have not started/decide which course to take]
    5. Window shopping[Yup, love shopping@boutique with girlfrens and trying out shoes and clothes :P ..well...being women! ]
  8. Clear my “storeroom” and turned it into mini study-room cum guest room[In progress, cleared some baby stuff already, passes to sil and sister, more to go..]
  9. Celebrate each day with someone, something.[Yep, with ice-cream, DH and sisters/girlfren]
  10. Hugs my loved ones daily, with morning greetings and kisses at night.[sometimes forgot!]
  11. Experiment with new recipes every week if not everyday.[Slacking]
  12. Make soup daily.[Not even weekly..sigh..gettting lazy!]
  13. Eat 3 types of fruits and 5 types of vegetables/ color food daily.[Not very successful]
  14. Visit someone weekly be it friends, neighbours, new-found friends, girlfriend or even family.[Need to be more consistent!]
  15. Remember birthdays…of anyone and wish them :)[Need to improve on]
  16. Read 5 articles daily on health, parenting, spiritual, work-related and general.[Erm, am reading every day, every night but not in "enough" genres, to be improved!]
  17. Have house improvement monthly be it in décor, spring-cleaning or decluttering.[In progress...spring-cleaning my kitchen cabinet now!]
  18. Role improvement:[In progress..all the time...no due date..]
    1. Mom
    2. Wife
    3. Employer
    4. Earth citizen
    5. Daughter/Daughter-in-law/granddaughter
  19. Look good and presentable for myself and DH plus kids (setting good example).[This feels good! To look good and feel good, very IMPORTANT!!]
  20. Learn to be good host, organize party games/food/organizing.[so far, only food & games, others have not tried]
  21. Start some homeschooling with kids even if I am not yet able to be a WAHM/SAHM.[Need more consistency and ENERGY!!!]
  22. Set up my bookshelves plus kids one.[Bookshelves done, need to be more organized!]
  23. Fully-utilise current resources/God-given items to optimum:[20% Done]
    1. Mobile phone – To Do List, Reminders, Birthdays Alert, maps, networking etc
    2. Condo facilites – gymn, swimming pool, condo friends and committee
    3. Living healthy parents and siblings – more gathering, visiting and caring, pooling resources/helping each other
  24. Jot down memorable events in journal/blog/etc [Yeah!! This one almost 88%?? LOL]
  25. Put up family pictures in my home, in-law and parent’s place.Yeah!! I did! With the help from EOE Online! Check out my blog entry here]
  26. Stay in touch with old buddies.[Thanks to IM and Facebook! Yep but space to improve!]
  27. Relearn swimming (yup I am not very good at swimming..really afraid of water type, need DH help on this.)[Not yet]
  28. Practice good PR, budgeting and organizing skills in all aspects.[Way to go!!!]
  29. Clear all short-term debts (house and car loan not yet included), be debt free and start to plan for some cushion saving by hook or by crook.[In progress, cut off one credit card thanks to the newly-implemented govt. RM50 service charge!! ]
Phew...not even 50% done and my target of FINAL REVIEW is on my 30th Birthday!


Way to go!!! Gambatei Molly! You can do it!


Will work on more on the list and my new year aspirations!


Stay tuned!


Cheers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gambatte!!!

u just remind me to spring clean my place. my mom coming this friday. LOL...

alohamolly said...

Hope u had good time with ur mom!

Cheers!