What is a meme? You might asked?
category of cultural information.
In its most basic form, an Internet meme is simply an idea that is propagated through the Web. This idea may take the form of a hyperlink, video, website, hashtag, or even just a word or phrase. This meme may spread from person to person via social networks, blogs, direct email, news sources, and other web-based services
Taken from Wikipedia
Taken from Wikipedia
Now, I came across this "meme" from a blog I used to read daily, "The year that was – a meme" by Grace who is a Filipino, married a Japanese; and who is staying in Dubai now with her 9-year-old daughter, Pristine.
Less TV watching(esp. Korean dramas :P)
9. What kept you sane?
A nice solidarity warm bath, a good read/blog-hopping at the comfort of my bed daily.
10. What drove you mad?
Kids that won't listen :P, cars that don't put on signal before cutting over, cars(or rather drivers) that don't look before crossing/turning or reversing (causing extreme danger to others!!!)
11. What made you celebrate?
Festive seasons, birthdays, convocations, finishing an seemingly unattainable task/projects
12. What made you sad?
Watching sad/touchy movies, having disagreements/quarrel with closed ones, not being able to do what I aspire to (fulfilling my dreams)
13. How was your birthday this year?
Can't recall...but remember DH gave me a nice pressie- iPhone :D
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
MCA Political Secretary "died" in Malaysia Anti-Corruption Centre(MACC) building
15. Were you in love in 2010?
16. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have this year?
More time to exercise, learn and practice new skills
17. What date from 2010 will be etched in your memory and why?
Too many...that I cannot recall even 1 :P 'cos I have bad memories at special dates unless it's birthday, public holidays , etc :P
18. What song will remind you of 2010?
Wakaka eh..eh..the World Cup song :)
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
Being hostess to around 30s guest...at least once a month? Thinking how to manage preparing food, cleaning the house and watching over the kids at the same time...phew...
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Missed my family pre-booked trip to Penang to visit my brother (kids fell ill last minute), missing two seemingly lucrative/good job in place of a more practical, and yet-to-know-the-progress/future position/job
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
Being able to work/live in a foreign country
23. Best new person you met this year?
Be Proactive and Take charge of your life.
25. How was your health in 2010?
So-so...not too well. Struck with conjunctivitis twice, bronchitis twice, red eyes twice
26. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I do keep, I hope to make more exercise time, ME time and more service/contribution work next year
27. What countries did you visit?
Singapore, Thailand, Australia, Taiwan(Not in 2010)
28. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked...
Cheers and welcome to join in the fun!