Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I love my blog: Everything about my blog & Happy New Year 2011




Hi folks!

I've received a tag from Transformed Housewife (a.k.a. Kak Nura) , a blogger buddy I got to know from blog-hopping :) and here's some questions I need to answer as part of the tagging fun...(I think some of these tagging helped us to rethink and enable others(& ourself) to get to know us better as well :)
So Kak Nura, here I am "menyahut" or taking up your "challenge"/tagging...no "tak marah"(not angry at all.. :) All for fun! haha......
Ready? Okay. Let's go to the first question:


1.  What's the history of the blog's name and the story behind the header and background?


      The name for this blog came about when I was pregnant with my second child. I was unprepared then for a second child. KY was only 1 year old then. My initial plan was to try VBAC(Vaginal Birth After C-section) after 2 years :) But God sent us our gift earlier...thus I turn to blogging to record my pregnancy journey and later on sharing about parenthood journey with my friends.


The header was a DIY one, one which I did in year 2009 after waiting for months for my Graphic Designer DH to create one for me...I just took it up to stride and create it as how i feel it...I love the kids on the swing...one activity I loved doing with my kids too :) swinging happily....singing our favourite tune...


2. How frequent do you update your blog?


 Almost daily.



3. Why do you want to blog?


As a sharing platform, my journal, my thoughts, something I want to remind myself and share with others.


4. List down 5 things about your blog.


    One-   Mostly I wrote in English (but soon, there shall be other languages..hehe...this is part of my new year resolution!)
    Two-   You can find some nice vegetarian eating places from here since my family & I are vegetarian.
    Three- Love shopping like I do? You will find some lady/family/baby related sales notices here!
    Four-   I blog from mobile 70% of the time starting from this year. So at times you'll find very little text and more pictures taken from my iPhone
    Five-    You can find some related blog shops link on my side bar which I frequented in my parenthood shopping


5.  List down 5 the best entries in your blog.


Hmm...why not you tell me? I am not sure which are the Best entries, but if you tell me which is the most visited 5, then yep, I can tell u from the statistics I got:
1. Any Good tukang urut(confinement massage)
2. Confinement Practices Sharing
3. What to buy for second or next baby..
4.A Visit to Dr. Koe clinic
5. JOHNSON'S(R) Baby : Touch – Infant Massage Workshop Series
(Note: Not in any ranking /sequence.)


6.  List down 3 unforgettable memories since you start blogging.


    One-    I won second prize in week 6 for Project Alpha for my entry : Project Alpha, went for adventure with my dad & kids, enjoyed ice-skating for free with KY and had adventurous moment with DH!
   Two-   Being Invited to PlayHouse Disney Get-Together with Parent Bloggers and getting to meet so many parent bloggers that I get to know only in cyberworld previously; some which have been frens for more than a year!
 Three-  Being invited as a Press crew to cover the first ever Peter Pan Musical held at Sunway Lagoon and giving live update from there (not to mention juggling with two kids at the same time...thanks DH for the help and support!)

7.  List down 10 of your favourite blogs.


    Hmm..favourite blogs...more like my daily read hehe...though some are not updated daily yet whenever there is any update, I will sure read it! They are:
  1. Transformed Housewife- The English teacher and ex-NZ expatriate with two lovely daughters
  2. Hanz : CHARM CHAMELEON CHATTERBOX- the green-living mama and CD-advocate
  3. Sasha from Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla- the pretty mama of two boys who are ever talented in Graphic Design and sewing
  4. Karen Cheng Snippets of Life- a Fashion and family blogger in Australia
  5. Kim Ong- the wife and PR Manager of Malaysian cyclist, Josiah Ng
  6. Eat Pray Love- official personal blog of Daphne Iking
  7. Sandier Pastures- a mommy blogger in Dubai
  8. Mombloggersplanet- Malaysian blog for mom bloggers
  9. Childhood 101- Aussie mommy blogger, winner of 2010 Parenting blog award
  10. Timothy Tiah- the co-founder of Nuffnang
8. How much do you love your blog?


   I love it as much as I love my start and end of the day...(that is when I mostly check /update my blog) & I always try to refer back to my blog post to recall some reference materials,dates or events.


9. 3 reasons why other people should always visit your blog?


  One-    To check out new things about parenthood whether is events, products or experience
  Two-    I blog almost daily
  Three-  I love sharing useful and most up-to-date events, products or happenings :)


10.  List down 10 bloggers that you want to tag :


- Feel free to tag yourself and leave your permalink/sharing of your blog post here at the comment box-


Happy Rabbit Year everyone! To all bloggers buddies, feel free to tag yourself and link back & leave a comment with your permalink..love to read wat you wrote about ur blog too!          

Cheers!

1 comment:

transformed housewife said...

just came to read this entry. thanks for being one of my frequent readers too. P/S: Would love to meet you in person one day.